About Thomson Industries Inc.

Contact

1500 Mittel Boulevard
Wood Dale, IL 60191
United States
https://www.thomsonlinear.com/en/index
(540) 633-3549

More Info on Thomson Industries Inc.

With more than 75 years of achievement in motion control innovation and quality, Thomson is the industry’s premier producer of Linear Actuators, Linear Ball Bushing® Bearings and Profile Rail Bearings, 60 Case® Shafting, Ground and Rolled Ball Screws, Linear Systems, and related accessories. Thomson invented the Linear Ball Bushing Bearing in 1945 and has set the standard ever since with an unsurpassed set of linear motion control solutions serving global aerospace and defense, medical and health, factory automation, food processing, and mobile off-highway markets.

Thomson, a brand of U.S.-based Altra Industrial Motion, has facilities in North America, Europe and Asia with more than 2,000 distributor locations around the world.

Articles & News

266080223 © Madalin Nicolescu | Dreamstime.com
electric linear actuator
Linear Actuation

Automation to Drive Growth for Linear Actuator Market

Feb. 29, 2024
The global linear actuator market is forecast to experience a high level of growth in the coming years due in large part to use of these actuators in various automation solutions...
Thomson Industries
H-Track actuator
Cylinders & Actuators

The Case for Electro-Hydraulic Actuators

Feb. 10, 2021
In short, they can handle heavy loads in tight spaces.
Machinedesign 15524 Promo Kuka Welding
Actuators

The Basics and Benefits of Electromechanical Actuators

Dec. 30, 2020
Electromechanical actuators offer the strength of hydraulic actuators with more precise movement and motion control.

Request More Information

By clicking above, I acknowledge and agree to Endeavor Business Media’s Terms of Service and to Endeavor Business Media's use of my contact information to communicate with me about offerings by Endeavor, its brands, affiliates and/or third-party partners, consistent with Endeavor's Privacy Policy. In addition, I understand that my personal information will be shared with any sponsor(s) of the resource, so they can contact me directly about their products or services. Please refer to the privacy policies of such sponsor(s) for more details on how your information will be used by them. You may unsubscribe at any time.

All content from Thomson Industries Inc.

Mack Defense
Technologies

This Week in Power & Motion: Mack Defense Developing Electric Propulsion Vehicle for U.S. Army

Jan. 19, 2024
Mack Defense is using an electric propulsion system from BAE for its prototype vehicle, Motion names a new SVP of Strategy & Markets, and more industry news you may have missed...
Thomson Industries, Inc.
Thomson offers a family of linear motion systems which are easy-to-integrate and suitable for space-constrained applications.
Linear Actuation

Thomson Offers Customizable Compact Linear Motion Systems for Small Spaces

June 12, 2023
The Thomson family of compact linear systems allow motion designers to implement complex applications in small spaces.
maxon
maxon's partnership with MassRobotics will aid technology advancements of motion control solutions for robotics.
Technologies

This Week in Power & Motion: maxon Partners with MassRobotics to Advance Technology for Robots

May 12, 2023
maxon will work with MassRobotics to advance motion control technology for robots, Helios names a new president of hydraulics, XCMG unveils an autonomous mining truck and more...
Thomson Industries, Inc.
The Electrak XD linear actuator features a high load handling capability of up to 25,000 N (5,000 lbs.), depending on configuration.
Linear Actuation

Thomson Electrak XD Linear Actuator Provides High Speed and Control Capabilities

Feb. 15, 2023
The high load and speed capabilities of the Electrak XD actuator provide a viable alternative to hydraulic cylinders.