Back to HydraulicsPneumatics.com    Fluid Power Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Fluid Power Discussion    Difference between Low Speed Motor and High Speed motor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference between Low Speed Motor and High Speed motor
 Login/Join

Darcy
posted
Hi,
Dose anyone have a cross section of a high speed low torque motor and the low speed high torque motor. i am woundering what the difference is between the internals that change the the speed and torue? or what is the difference?

thanks mike

Posts: 10 | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourdon
Picture of Bud T
posted Hide Post
It would help to know which design motor you are askin about.

I would guess you are talking about a Gerotor or Geroler design. They are the only ones I know of that use different internal designs to get the feature you are asking about.

Go to this web site and look:
http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/eBooks/ at the Basic book in Chapter 15. Starting on Page 13 you can see all the Hydraulic and Air Motor designs I am familiar with and a simplified cutaway plus an explanation of how they operate.

Bud Trinkel
FP Consultant Retired
"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. "Thomas Jefferson"

Posts: 1761 | Location: Newburgh, Indiana | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Darcy
posted Hide Post
opps...... i am talking about a gear motor

thanks mike will read link

Posts: 10 | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bernoulli
posted Hide Post
Low speed high torque motors are normally radial piston motors
Axial piston motors are referred as high speed low torque motors.
Please follow the thread on Travel Motor in this forum.
Some more aspects are discussed.
May be this info. is what u wanted.
Thanks

anba

Posts: 7 | Location: India | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post