New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydraulic motor and hub
 Login/Join

Darcy
posted
I'm looking for some photos of a hydraulic motor attached to a wheel hub. Basically a direct drive system. I would just like to see how it's set up. I'm doing a project that requires each wheel to have its own hydraulic drive motor.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 10 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourdon
Picture of akkamaan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith:
I'm looking for some PHOTOS f a hydraulic motor attached to a wheel hub. Basically a direct drive system. I would just like to see how it's set up. I'm doing a project that requires each wheel to have its own hydraulic drive motor.

PHOTOS

Per A
...ak kam aan...flow doesn't make motion, flow is motion....

Posts: 1178 | Location: Port Angeles WA USA | Registered: 24 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Darcy
posted Hide Post
Hi Keith,

I'm currently designing and specifying a wheel drive system and I'm looking at using Fairfield hubs:

http://www.fairfieldmfg.com/TorqueHub.asp

Also if you need steering for wheels try Helac rotary actuators.

http://www.helac.com/

The combination of these two products can make a nice ratioanal design. You will be able to get these type of products from different manufacturers but it's a starting point.

Anthony Paul
Mechanical Designer OMIEAust

Posts: 17 | Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Darcy
posted Hide Post
What would you recommend for a machine with these requirements.

Four-wheel-drive-direct drive each motor
22 inch tires with a ground speed of 15 to 20 mi./h
articulating steering

What specs do you think I would need on the pump and the direct drive motors.

Boyle
posted Hide Post
You can start by working through these formulas:

http://www.pme-hydraulics.com/...tor/cat/15300009.pdf

Posts: 44 | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Darcy
posted Hide Post
quote:
rotary actuators

does anyone know what a rotary actuator sells for. I'm sure there's a variance but, is it in the hundreds or thousands.

New User
posted Hide Post
Hydraulic actuators were using since 1967.But now a days Rotary actuators is very useful.
Main basic importance of Rotary actuators fluid power supply, pneumatic (air) and hydraulic components. We stock a wide selection of Power Units, Accumulators, Fittings, Cylinders, Dryers, Hoses, Valves, Couplers/Couplings, Adapters, Pumps, Exchangers, Filters, Actuators, Tubing and
much more.

Posts: 1 | Location: California | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Reynolds
Picture of Duane P
posted Hide Post
Hi Keith,
Helac rotary actuator start at around $600 for the smaller L20, and the price goes up with size. I have toured the Helac plant. They use state-of-the-art machines, and robotics to fix a helically splined tube inside a hydraulic cylinder. The splined hub on the cylinder rod then converts the linear force of a hydraulic cylinder into torsional motion. I've heard people complain about the cost of their products, but frankly I'm surprised they can produce them so inexpensively.

Posts: 70 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 26 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post