Find
Notify
Tools

Poclain versus Sampo
 Login/Join

Boyle
posted
Hello
Dus someone experience with a Black-Bruin our a Poclain radial piston wheel motor at low speed ?
I am engineering now a vehicle with a weight of 20000 kg . There is a minimum creeping speed , this speed means 1 ref/min . At this speed the torque is ± 4000 Nm . The high torque is cause by the working area , the macine is working on a slope from 18% ( 10°) . The machine stops , and it hase to start , the high starting torque + the load and the slope .

Qestions :
Has someone experians with symular applications
What is th minimum speed from a Poclain our a Sampo?
What is in your opinion the critical part , the motor our the pump . Wen you have a low speed >> four motors >>> total displacement ± 4400 cc/ref >> is not much oil . For the high speed we need a 75 cc closedloop pump (Linde). The controlabilaty could be a problem.

gr Gert

Posts: 46 | Location: Holland | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourdon
posted Hide Post
Gert, with all respect I think you need to look more at worse case scenario rather than performance. If, for reasons we can keep discussing till judgement day, one of these motors fail and need overhaul, where do you think you will have a better chance of getting the parts you need, finding a workshop capable of overhaul, and at what costs.
I'm sure Sampo can deliver a very good solution, but I'm almost certain that when it comes to a breakdown in service, you will have a Poclain unit back in service many times before the Sampo.
Have a chat with some of the guys doing self propelled slurry equipment. I'm sure you'll find someone there with Sampo drives experience.

It is not untill you realize how little you know about the subject, that you have actually learned anything.

Posts: 595 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Boyle
posted Hide Post
Hello Pascal
Thanks for your replay. . . but . . . you dith not answer my questions . Do you have experians do you think its possible .
What would be the life time .

gr Gert

Posts: 46 | Location: Holland | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourdon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gert:
Hello Pascal
Thanks for your replay. . . but . . . you dith not answer my questions . Do you have experians do you think its possible .
What would be the life time .

gr Gert

Yes, I do have some experience. For say 10 to 5 years ago, you could be almost certain, that if a Black Bruin motor on a self propelled beet harvester broke down, that harvester would not go back into service the same season. Smiler
And to help find out if your calculations are valid, you need to specify what you mean by 1 ref/min. Is that the rotation of the wheel? In that case you need to state your wheel diameter, so one can calculate the torque. Smiler

It is not untill you realize how little you know about the subject, that you have actually learned anything.

Posts: 595 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post